sábado, 19 de octubre de 2019

Up From The Depths: Godzilla, 1998.

A review/retrospective of the 1998 Roland Emmerich directed American Godzilla movie, and an objective assessment of what makes it a poor adaptation of Japan's most iconic monster.


I want to clarify something I said at 7:50. At this moment I made the case that the characters in G98 are a step up from the human characters in most Godzilla movies. Looking back, I don't agree with this statement. I wrote this video years ago, before I had gone back and rewatched the Japanese films. I appreciate the characters in them a lot more now. While I still stand by the rest of the video and my opinion on Godzilla 98 itself, this portion of the video can be discarded. Thank you for watching :)

Showa Era Reviews (1954-1975)
Heisei Era Reviews (1984-1995)
Millennium Era Reviews
Gamera Reviews

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWcGsiPnCwhqMB-bMthc85Q/videos?view=0&sort=p&flow=grid


No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario